Role Of Parents
Although the role of the parent in their children’s learning evolves as kids grow, one thing remains constant: Parents are children’s role models. Parents’ attitudes about education can inspire and show them how to take charge of their own educational journey.
Therefore, parents must take their ward’s homework as a source of learning for their child and at the same time do the following checks:
- Check school Almanac regularly.
- Present Homework as an enjoyable and worthwhile activity, developing a positive approach towards it.
- Encourage them to complete the homework tasks on time that are set for the child.
- To give them confidence through lots of praise and encouragement.
- Help your child know the importance of homework and teach them to become more independent and take more responsibility of the tasks assigned.
- Try to provide them with the environment that allows him/her to do his/her best.
- Provide a good working space at home.
- Any concerns should be discussed with the class teacher through Almanac or by taking appointment as stated in the almanac.
- School organizes a range of Parent Information Meetings to support parents in their role.